Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Handling Unexpected Expenses

When unexpected expenses present themselves do you say things like this to yourself? "I knew it. Every time I get a little bit ahead, something comes up to snatch away the gain."

Or do you say something like this to yourself? "I will find a way to take care of this unexpected expense. I am staying on track with my progress. I am finding a solution to this problem and proceeding toward my goal."

I have had some of those unexpected expenses recently and decided not to let it ruin my day. Interestingly, my decision to stay happy about making progress with my goals has just intuitively felt like the right choice.

In the past I also had times where I felt like unexpected expenses were the universe's way of throwing stumbling blocks in my path.

Now, however, it feels very empowering to find solutions and proceed anyway. Staying happy lets me stay on track. Unexpected expenses still have to be dealt with, but it is interesting how the energy flows depending on the point of view you take and the attitude you express.

Yes, I have had unexpected expenses and remarkably good progress.

Next time you find yourself in this situation, check on which approach you are taking. See if it makes a difference.

No comments: