Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Quiet and Gathering Strength

Often when we are set back physically, the best medicine is to just relax and let the body restore and regenerate itself. First it was the knee I sprained falling on the ice. Now it is the return of the winter cough.

So I get the medicines for the cough. I rub linaments on my knee a few times a day. First was a commercially prepared arnica, then the last of aan arnica ointment made by a friend. Next, and currently, one is the Muscle Recovery made by Anita Boehm and other is my Reiki Comfrey Healing Salve. Arnica was appplied . A few ibuprofen helps. I get up periodically to keep the knee from locking up. Then going to the rec center to use the steam room and the pool. The movement of the knee is coming back to normal. Some think that I should not have danced on it last Friday, but I think it helped strengthen it and keep it limber. Hob bath with Epsom salts and hydrogen pyroxide with a bit of eucalyptus drops to open up the lungs and myrrh to heal the body. I am definitely feeling ready to dance again.

The antibiotics and cough medicine are chasing the cough away and breathing is easier now. So have a little chicken noodle soup, sit back and enjoy a good book, or a movie. Then sleep under some nice warm blankets. Healing is happening. Sometimes we just have to allow time for it do work. Meds, movement, sleep, sweat. Stay relaxed in your pace. By Friday night, I will be dancing again. And to think that two weeks ago, I could barely walk.

It is warm. I am resting deeply. Soon I will be up and eager to get going again. Dancing inspired me to keep going.

The healing is almost effortless. I feel that the healing is coming through me and other than apply the linaments, baths, drinking tea and soup, the strength is returning. I am not anxious, just allowing time. It is good. It is what is needed now.

No comments: