Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Peter Kater's music & me


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over the past 30 years or so, I have been blessed to have been introduced to the music of Peter Kater as well as getting to know him. Peter is a pianist, composer, producer, author and retreat leader. Beginning back in the 90s, I had the opportunity to meet and interview Peter when I was a professional magazine editor and freelance writer. Over the years I have heard him play several times in concert and written about his music.

One time he and I were both performing (I was doing tarot readings, and he was playing music), in support of a charity fund raiser.

Many of the recordings he has made (60 so far) are composed for use in meditation and healing, good soft music that makes a great background for massage, reiki, meditation and journaling. I use his music frequently when I am working. Recordings he has made with other world class musicians also make for relaxing listening while entertaining at home.

Peter has also scored movies and turns up in surprising places. For example, while watching the informational video at a national park, I was pleasantly surprised that he scored that film in addition to things you may have seen elsewhere.

Peter won the Grammy for best New Age Album in both 2018 and 2020 after being nominated almost every year since 2004.

And I am happy to share that I have also read for Peter. Here is his testimonial about my reading for him.

"My reading with Dan was a great experience! He is very genuine and his reading was clear, insightful, informative and very helpful. I've spent a lot more money on readings a lot less intuitive. I highly recommend getting a reading from Dan." ~ Peter Kater

Peter leads retreats as well as doing concerts, both in concert halls and in people's homes and he offers unique piano readings. His many brilliant world class collaborators include: R. Carlos Nakai, Nawang Khechog, Paul MCandless, David Darling, Dominic Miller, Tina Guo, Snatam Kaur, Tony Levin, Joseph Firecrow, Trisha Bowden, Richard Hardy to name just some. You can find out more about Peter and his music at http://www.peterkater.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: