Friday, February 22, 2019

Getting into the Rhythm of Life





What should we write about tonight, spirit guides? Rhythm is on my mind.

There is a pace that we all find comfortable. I know that my desire is always to have plenty of space between appointments so that no one feels rushed or squashed.

And I like to go to the gym when I have plenty of time so that if I am feeling it I can do a longer workout, then take my time in the steam or shower before heading home.

I think that allowing more time allows me to focus my attention better on everyone I am working with.

You see, it is all part of enjoying every moment of every day. Take time to savor each thing you do, appreciate each person and each event in turn.

A good pace lets the day flow and when we are more relaxed, often that will be more calm, deliberate and focused and each meeting or thing we are doing gets done even better.

Interestingly, I have also noticed that friends often want to come and visit when there is an opening in my relaxed way of scheduling. That whole vortex of energy keeps pulling everything into place, planned or not. When it was snowy and real cold, I stayed in and worked on my taxes. On full moons I make bath salts for my clients and every night, one of the things I always do is to step out onto the back porch (some people call them decks) and just gaze at the night sky. It seems like a perfectly relaxing thing to do.

The time in between appointments also allows me to just call or message some of you just to see how you are doing. I enjoy hearing from you. Just recently I received emails from people I have helped in the past thanking me for helping them when things were difficult for them and now that things are better, they take a moment to thank me. And there are also messages from people who get back to me to let me know what happened since we last saw each other. I love hearing from you this way. Call, text and email are all good.

My schedule is fluid, so that means I take care of all of you first, and then I will go to the gym or shopping or dancing or whatever I need to do. Everything fits together well.

When you are not too rushed you can think things through, do research, and take time to follow up with people.

Look at some of the other aspects in life where rhythm is essential to communication. One is in our spoken and written words. There are times when the timing of the delivery is critical to the impact. Recall bits from your favorite storytellers and stand up comedians.

Another is dancing. When we are dancing with a partner or in a group dance, we are communicating with our partner through the rhythm. When we are comfortable with the rhythm, we can anticipate each other's moves and blend our energies together, with the rhythm being the glue that binds us together.

Follow that thread. We get into a rhythm if we are out walking, if we are lifting weights at the gym, if we are working in our garden, if we are working with our deck of cards, if we are cutting vegetables for our meal, in every one of these actions, rhythm is at the heart of the action.

Notice how our rhythms match when we are talking with someone. Does the rhythm of our conversation mesh well? When we are having a hard time communicating with someone, notice how we seem to have trouble getting our rhythms in sync?

Notice the energy and rhythm of someone who is running around doing everything fast as possible and then needing to go back over and make a lot of corrections rather than someone who is just flowing and gets things done right the first time.

You can tell in ordinary conversations too. You know when someone is really paying attention to you and listening and when someone is just trying to handle you as fast as possible. The flowing one listens while the fast one doesn't really want to take the time to listen. Then comes alignment with the earth's energy. That is why there are things better done on the waxing moon and some things better done on the waning moon, and things getting done in certain seasons. It is all about aligning our rhythms. When someone is performing really well in a sport, we say that they are in the zone because their rhythm and flow is smooth.

Rhythms are also important in healing processes. Healers all over the world use rattles, drums and bells. Sound can break up energy blockages and then heal and bring energies together.

The rhythms of dancing singing and drumming always clears, reenergizes and brings joy. We can be entrained into a rhythm within three beats. African drum masters say that the gods like it when we dance, drum and sing and anyone of them is good, but all three are best.







Once I asked Coleman Barks, who is the leading interpreter of Rumi's poetry and brought the ancient poet to modern attention, why many people will come out to hear a poetry reading or performance, but poetry books have the smallest sales among all books? And he said that "This is because when the poet is speaking their poetry out loud, it is like launching arrows into the hearts of the listeners, and the spoken word really brings poetry to life."

Again, it is the rhythm in the voice.

Recently I was talking with a client about finding her voice in her writing, which is essential for establishing a flow and a rhythm. I have helped other clients with writing as well. One of my other careers was teaching creative writing as well as doing freelance writing and editing magazines. So I enjoy it. So finding your voice in writing is all about rhythm.


I love all of you and love to help you to find your way into your alignment. I will always do my best for all of you with the assistance of my spirit guides. Any time any one of you contacts me, it really helps make my day. Let this note help make your day. I love you.

No comments: