Thursday, May 9, 2019

How All Our Choices Arise Out of Love or Fear






An important axiom is that all of our choices arise from either love or fear. When I first heard that, I thought it was wrong. I thought that the opposites must be love and hate. However, if we think about all the poor choices we make they arise from fear while the good ones all come from love.

For example, when we say that we are settling for a certain partner because we are afraid we won't get a better choice, or we are taking a job we really don't like because we are afraid we won't get a better choice. How much better is it when we can say "I really want to be with this person, or I would love to do this work"?

Who we will love and what we will do for a living are two of the biggest choices we get to make in life.

Health choices are another. How many of us have thought of starting an exercise program as a way to simply work off calories, rather than enjoying the feeling of healthy movement and staying limber and raising our energy? How many of us view a healthy eating plan as depriving ourselves of sweets or alcohol or other things, rather than developing tastes and patterns that will help us get healthier so that we can enjoy life more?

When we act from love, we see and do things differently. For example, when I participate in fairs, I always bring fresh roses to give to my clients, and I make bath salts to give to clients who see me at my home office. Why? I enjoy seeing people smile. Advertising specialty companies used to call on me to suggest that I get ball point pens, key chains and other trinkets to give my clients, but I know that you like getting roses and bath salts much better.

Need a few more examples of love and fear? Bad behavior such as greed comes from a fear of not having enough. Jealousy comes from fear that we are not enough. Good behavior, such as kindness and generosity comes from humanitarian love for others. We are hardwired to help other people. It is part of our heart, our spirit, our nature. Why else would we help victims of disasters when we do not even know them? Because it is in our nature.

I also like to give clients CDs of music they can use for healing and meditation, but increasing numbers of people say they no longer have a CD player, that all they use are streaming sources. That is just the rapid change in technology, and I use them too. I stream music and movies, but I am still old fashioned when it comes to books. My eyes feel good about reading ink on paper rather than always being on the computer or an e-reader. Back when I started, everyone used to make cassette tapes for people. Evolution. I store all my work on the cloud now. Last week my hard drive died and I did not lose a thing. Years past, I had experiences where when my hard drive died, I lost tremendous amounts of work because technicians were unable to recover it.

One of the great rewards and validations I get from my work is when I can witness people getting better. When people get up off my table saying that they feel lighter, that pains and stresses they had are much less or gone, this is how I know I have done good work. When people tell me that a reading or consultation has helped them gain new insights or ideas, that confirms that spirit has really helped me provide help for that person.

I make myself available for client appointments days, evenings and weekends. If people tell me that they are having a hard time financially, I offer flexibility in my fees. I take care of all my clients first, then I go to the gym, or go shopping or go out to have fun. Why? Because I love what I do. I believe that everyone who calls on me is sent by spirit and I promised spirit that I would take good care of everyone who calls on me.

What other choices do we make in life that come from love or fear?

Sometimes, it is about taking those projects that keep coming to mind off the back burner. If it keeps coming to mind that we should read certain books, take a class, take up a musical instrument or some kind of hobby or sport, then maybe it is time to move that to the front burner.

Remember that any time spirit wants us to notice something, they bring it to our attention three times. So when we find ourselves saying "I would love to do that but I am afraid I do not have enough time" take another look at your schedule and your priorities and interestingly, you may find time to do that thing that keeps coming to mind and I bet that you find joy and satisfaction by making that change.

Being conscious of this choice has certainly changed me over the years, not just what I do, but also the way I feel.

Every morning, my first thought upon waking is to thank spirit for giving me another day. And then I find more things to be grateful for, and build on that loving energy of appreciation.

Every breath, every decision, every day, choose love over fear and see how much your life improves.

With every choice you face, ask yourself if you are choosing from love or fear. How do you act and feel when you choose from love rather than fear?

I love all of you and love to help you to find your way into your alignment. I will always do my best for all of you with the assistance of my spirit guides. Any time any one of you contacts me, it really helps make my day whether you want to make an appointment or just to keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. Sometimes people come to visit and have a cup of coffee or tea or we go get something to eat and I love those visits too. Let this note help make your day. I love you.

No comments: