Saturday, October 5, 2019

Sharpening Our Focus






What lets our soul shine brightest? How often do we do that?

When we are consciously creating our lives, then we are enjoying doing what we do every day, not just on weekends.

Evolution is our path and we can see it when we consider the different careers we have had or relationships, or residences or major change of focus, and then look at where we are now. It is essential that we create our map to guide us toward our goal.

Take a look at what is ahead in the way of things we want to do more of. Take a look ahead at the people we want to spend more time with. What do you see? In your map of what your future looks like, is there alignment?

The illustration is Six of Swords from Tarot of the Old Path. I chose this one because it is about choosing our path to get to our goal with the assistance of our spirit guides.

Vision boards are one way to create a map that brings about that alignment. And there is another, invisible guide that we work on daily with our spirit guides. Interestingly, another term that is used for vision boards is treasure maps. Not a bad variation, because we will be rewarded when we stay on track.

For example, when looking at our current schedule, are we doing the things that we feel are most important to do? Are they right up front where we can address them or are they still on a back burner somewhere?

Dedication is one important factor that makes a difference. I made a vow to my spirit guides that I would take good care of whoever they send me. So that is why I keep my schedule open 7 days a week for those who need to see me. Some people may think that is too much and they would never do it that way. But some people need those weekend or evening appointments because of their schedule and other commitments. Dedication to me then, means that I make taking care of clients my first priority and after I take care of each of you every day, then I go to the gym, go to the store or go out or do whatever else I am doing. So I have time for everything, and I have simply clarified my order of progress.

Why do I do things this way? I am doing what my spirit guides signify is best for me to do. I feel good knowing that I have done my work well. It brings a smile to my face every time someone leaves my office feeling better than they did when they arrived. That is exactly why I feel good about my day's work every day.

Extending the mapping process into our consciousness , personal growth and development is also a challenging task. Moving often prompts us to look closely at what we are packing up to continue on our journey with us. When we look at our book collection and only keep those which we use a lot plus those we are certain we will read in the immediate future, we are sharpening our focus, and we lighten our load as we let go of those books that we never get around to reading or that were given to us as gifts or found on sale, but somehow ended up taking space on the shelf and getting bumped back in the order of priority. Face it, some subjects will always be higher and lower priorities. So thinning out our collections helps us focus.

The full moon in October is called the Hunter's Moon. And this time of year is traditionally hunting season. So for those of us who are not actually going out hunting game, our hunt is metaphorical. What are the things we want to set our sights on that are important to us to accomplish?

For our ancestors, it was important to have a successful hunt in order to feed our selves and our families. However, today's hunt may be about learning some subject or technique that keeps coming to mind. Today's hunt may be for just the right work situation, better relationships and improved health habits as well as new ideas, new activities and developments. Remember that those things that keep coming to mind are things that spirit wants us to focus on. When we are sorting through our book shelves, which are the ones that we feel are important for us to read next? Our spirit guides gives us clues. We will get a strong yes feeling in our gut when we are making choices and that helps us keep on track when we pay attention.

Think about this process as the same as cleaning out our clothes closets. Which are the things that fit us well and look good on us, and which are the things that have simply been hanging there for a year that are frayed because we have worn them until they are worn out, which are the things that do not fit us, which are the things we just never choose to wear? These are the things we let go of and give away so that someone else can use them. Same thing for our daily practices and the things that we read, the music that we listen to, the art we want to surround ourselves with, and the things that are useful to us now.

So you see, in mapping our way through this intense fall social season, we pay attention to the events we really want to go to, spend time with people whose company we appreciate, and meeting people who will play a part in our future.

So back to the question of what lets our soul shine brightest? That answer will vary for each of us. However, we can make our hunting season productive by mapping out where we want to go and using that as a way of staying on track so that we peel off the layers that cloud our light until we reach those destinations where we will shine brightest. Being of service to our selves and others illuminates our path.

Try the exercises I have illustrated above and see if your journey does not in fact feel even more productive and satisfactory.


Any time any one of you contacts me, it really helps make my day whether you want to make an appointment or just to keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. I like hearing your stories of what has been happening since the last time we met. And of course, I am always ready to help with what is next. Let this note help make your day. I love you.

No comments: