Sunday, December 6, 2009

Many Routes to Gratitude

Little flashes of insight can lead to sharper focus on our goals and gratitude that things we don't like.

My goal is to build enough cash flow and momentum with my reading and healing business that I can quit my day job.

The universe provided me with a day job that I do not really like so that I would not get comfortable there and stay. My spirit guides are prompting me to get out and do more of the other work.

This prompts me to recall Carlos Castaneda's statement that "petty tyrants can be great teachers."

The feedback from clients on my reading and healing work is strong and positive. This encourages me to do more of it. I enjoy doing it and clients enjoy what they experience.

So I am grateful that my day job is working for a greedy corporation. It helps fuel my decision to pursue more meaningful work and inspire me to work harder to achieve my goal.

It is like the positive and negative poles on a battery. Positive reinforcement plus negative reinforcement creates energy.

One of these days, my transition will be complete, and my energy will be derived totally from positive influences, with the positive motivations taking up the space where the negative motivations used to be.

There are many roots to gratitude. And there are many routes to gratitude.

No comments: