Saturday, September 26, 2009

Celebrating Our Lives

Every day, we are presented with possibilities. What we do with them is our choice. There is always time to start something new, from now until the day we die. New friends, new hobbies, new jobs, new interests. Everything is possible.

Years ago, when I was an avid hiker I remember meeting an older couple on a hiking trip. I thought of them as older because I was in my 30s and they were in their 60s or 70s. I asked them how they kept on going at their age. They said "We always enjoyed this, so it never occured to us not to do it."

I have also met people at dances who told me that they didn't begin dancing until after they later in life when they decided that they needed more fun to relieve the tension from work.

This weekend, reading at the Sex Show, I see both very young people who are busy trying out different things to mature people who are navigating their way through adventures in sexual experiences and aspects of relationships that are new to them.

Tomorrow, I will work at a metaphysical event, Mega Aura Palooza, where speakers will include an animal communicator, a ghost communicator and other psychics.

Not so long ago, people speaking about any of these subjects would have been considered far out and wacky. It was not that long ago that even buying a deck of tarot cards meant hunting for a store that sold them. Today, even the chain stores have a decent selection of them.

A public show where couples could go and view demonstrations of S&M techniques or tantric techniques to enhance and enliven their sexual lives would have been taboo.

When I was growing up and well into my adult life, I never heard of such a thing as a psychic fair or a holistic health fair. But today, I routinely participate in such events, which draw from hundreds to thousands of people, depending on how big the event and how well organized and promoted it is.

From hiking and dancing to tantra and sex toys to pyschics and people who can communicate with other dimensions, to whatever else a person might be interesting, the world is more open and unlimited than it used to be.

People are starting all kinds of businesses, from teaching people about how to get more out of their lives to making their own perfumes to helping others to create more productive websites to pet sitters to personal trainers, and all kinds of other things.

We are only limited by our imaginations. Celebrate life by imagining what you would like yours to be like, and then do what it takes to bring your vision to life.

No comments: