Friday, August 20, 2010

Finding a Way to Do What You Love

When people are faced with trying to find a new career, they often thrash about and wonder what that could be. I know I did for a while. I kept applying for jobs simply because they held out the promise of a higher salary, but ultimately I had to come to grips with the fact that I did not really care about those jobs and chose not to pursue those possibilities any more.

Once I got clear on the fact that I really wanted to do something that I could get out of bed eager to do every day, everything changed.

I looked at my involvement with tarot, past lives, reiki, music, and other metaphysical pursuits over the years and realized that for as much as I enjoyed doing those things and for as much positive feedback I had gotten from clients that I had never really made an effort to make that my full time source of income.

That was partially due to the fact that earlier in my life I really enjoyed my day jobs and felt no desire to change that.

Now I am placing all of my attention on shifting out of my day job and into life as a full time reader and healer. Making that decision helped me organize my energies much more clearly and I am steadily making progress toward my goal.

Have you overlooked the obvious for yourself?

There are many people who have taken a hobby or favorite recreation or activity and turned it into a business they love, which also supports them.

Your whole world view can shift radically when you quit thinking of your career path in terms of getting this next job because it pays a little more, or shifting into something you don't really want to do simply to have a paycheck.

Yes, I am practical, and I have had to also take some of those jobs from time to time just to get some cash flow. The difference is not resigning yourself to thinking that the rest of your life has to be like that.

Look at the things that you really love to do. Then do some brainstorming and networking to investigate and consider all the different ways that you can make a living in some way connected to that love.

It may not be easy, but if you stay focused, you can find a way. Remember that old saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way"?

1 comment:

Rebag said...

Always a will and a way So true!! I have been in this shift process now for 2 years and it is slowly expanding the way I have hoped and I am very pleased....Be patient and it will for you as well!