Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You Just Never Know

True to form on the Fool's Journey is the simple fact that he just moves on with his journey, experiencing life and the only thing he knows for sure is that he does not know everything.

I have been maintaining my focus on my career path, and even though I have taken steps that some might think foolish, such as dropping out of some events and deciding not to do others, I have opened up space in my schedule.

Interestingly, into that space have come other appointments and opportunities, sometimes from past customers, some from referrals, and just some from "out there" who initiated contact through my blog or a website I am on.

You just never know.

I have learned by doing that some of my advertising dollars are well spent and some are totally wasted. A long time ago, someone said "I know that half of my advertising budget is wasted. I just don't know which half."

You just never know.

Of course, we can all our own common sense to look at the track records of certain events or the logistics of the deal and make decisions accordingly. Still, there will be things we just don't know.

And as we continue on our path there are not only adventures, but surprises. Those "out there" responses are still the result of energies we put in motion. Strangers contact us because we put ourselves out there where they could find us.

Even setbacks are opportunities to put fresh energy into our efforts as we decide what to cut, what to strengthen and what to rebuild.

I am focused on my goal and proceeding toward it. That draws energy into the path. Have you noticed the same thing with yours?

No comments: