Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Reiki Principles

Those of us know Reiki are familiar with the Reiki principles which serve as guides to a peaceful, harmonious, satisfying life. It is part of what we affirm in attuning our selves to the frame of mind we intend to be in for the effective practice of Reiki.

They are simple, and you can easily recognize their appeal and usefulness.

Just for today, I will not worry

Just for today, I will not anger

Just for today, I will earn my living honestly

Just for today, I will honor my parents, teachers and elders

Just for today, I will show gratitude for every living thing

You may find slight variations in the translations of the principles from different teachers, but the meaning remains intact. It has nowhere near the variations you can find, for example, in different translations of the Tao Te Ching.

As in other metaphysical teachings, the focus is on staying in the present, so that consciousness remains fixed on giving each thought, word and action its due.

Being an ordinary human, it is a challenge and a daily reminder to keep on a good track. As a healer, the flow of healing energy becomes more powerful when the healer is fully present and focused on facilitating the flow of energy and the client is fully open to receiving the energy.

Even if you are not a Reiki practitioner, see if the principles serve you well. There have been many days when they have been beneficial to me.

No comments: