Monday, March 2, 2009

Free Will, Not Guilt, for Motivation

When we are acting on our own best interests and trying to choose what works,we may sometimes unintentionally hurt someone else's feelings. If we simply do what works, we will usually come up with choices that will be the best choices for everyone.

In doing affirmations to get the things we want, if phrase it like this, you will probably be happier with the outcome. "I affirm that I am receiving divine guidance to help me find the (job, lover, solution to my problem) that is best for me and that this is being done for the good of all involved and with the free will of all involved."

You can always force or manipulate a situation, but that is not the best way to get things.

Guilt is just a way of manipulating people. It serves no good purpose. All the way from religions that tell people that they are sinners who need to be saved to relatives who want to hit you up for money just because you are a relative to the friend who gets bent out of shape because you give them back the book they wanted you to read and told them that you didn't care for it and couldn't get through it. Guilt is all about people wanting you to do what they want you to do.

Sometimes I kick myself for making a lousy choice and remember to choose better next time. When I make a lousy choice, I feel stupid, not guilty. Then I extract the lesson from my error for future reference.

Guilt plays no part in my choices or motivations. Doing what works is the best way to make progress in life. How can you go wrong if you just keep on doing what works?

No comments: