Sunday, April 5, 2009

Everyday Luxury

There is pleasure to be had in every day things. Being conscious of every moment, I had another one of those pleasurable moments shopping at the grocery store.

What a simple pleasure it is to be able to simply choose a few fine things like some English Breakfast Tea, blueberries, bananas, sliced turkey breast, Braeburn apples, lettuce, sun dried tomatoes, almonds, rye crackers and mild peppers.

I am aware that there are people in the world who are struggling to get even a bowl of rice and beans for dinner.

What I have chosen is not extravagant, but it is a luxury. It is a luxury simply to be able to choose. It is a luxury to choose what I think tastes good and what I would like to have.

There are simple pleasures in our every day living. Do we actually take time to appreciate them?

No comments: