Monday, May 25, 2009

Big Events

As those of you who read this blog regularly know, I add a new article about every day, but this weekend I was just not up to it after working the Boulder Creek Festival.

Outdoor festivals always contain potential weather problems, and even though this is a well attended, long established event, our beautiful smooth flow was interrupted by serious rainstorms and dropping termperatures.

There is a certain altered state that readers get into after hours of reading and combine that with going from warm to cool to very wet, including breaking down the tent and packing up soaking wet, and the next thing on my mind was getting out of my wet clothes, showering and putting on something warm and dry. Sleep came rapidly after these long days.

It was wonderful, and it really required a lot of energy, and I am happy I did it. Not only were there people I know who dropped by to say hello or have a reading, but there were also many people who decided to have their first reading in the midst of the festival atmosphere.

Life is good.

No comments: