Thursday, November 27, 2008

What's Up There?

Tonight as I was out for my evening walk, there was a configuration in the sky that seemed unusual to me. I saw it as a cluster of pulsating lights that remained stationary. Compared to other stars, the lights seemed different. It appeared that this cluster had a sort of filmy aura around it. Most of the stars do not pulsate, they glimmer. Planets seem to emanate a pulsating light, but this cluster seemed different.

I don't know if this is because I was up listening to a late night radio show about UFOs last night, so that is what I was looking for in the sky, consciously or subconsciously.

On the one hand I am curious, but on the other, I have no interest in being kidnapped and taken for a ride.

What was I seeing? I don't know. I like looking at the night sky while I walk because lately I have seen a number of shooting stars and a comet. And, of course, the moon, in all her phases.

I don't know what is out there. Sometimes I wonder if we just stare at the sky long enough that we think we are seeing things that are not there. Or are we? Or are they omens of some sort?

No comments: