Saturday, March 21, 2009

Talking to Ourselves

How many times do we listen to what we say?

If we constantly say that life is difficult and that we will probably never have a job that fulfills us, we are not only creating a belief and then reinforcing it, we are also broadcasting it to the universe, and the energies of the universe that harmonize with that thought come to reinforce it.

If we constantly say that we will never find our perfect match, then we are creating another belief and then reinforcing it, we are also broadcasting it to the universe, and the energies of the universe that harmonize with that thought come to reinforce it.

Now see how you feel when you change your words. What if you say "I know that there is a great job out there for me somewhere. I just have to find it or create it. I am stepping into the picture I have created of myself in a great job." Now what happens? The more times you say that out loud, the more you summon the energies of the universe that agree with you to come and reinforce that image becoming a reality.

Now see how you feel when you change your words. What if you say "I know that there is a great partner out there for me somewhere. I just have to find him/her. I am stepping into the picture I have created of myself in a great job." Now what happens? The more times you say that out loud, the more you summon the energies of the universe that agree with you to come and reinforce that image becoming a reality.

Our words are powerful. Our words are magic. Words can change things.

Be sure to always include a simple, common sense proviso in all your affirmations. Insert the phrases that "the best job for me, or the best partner for me will be part of my life and that these things will come to be for the good of all involved and with the free will of all involved."

When you do that, you relax the need to be in control of everything. Now don't get me wrong. We do have to take action steps to get what we want. However, as we take those action steps, instead of saying "I must have that job" or "I must have that person for my partner" we relax a little bit and make contacts to try and get jobs and find partners.

But we also relax when we are out with people and instead of focusing on whether they are going to be a perfect partner, we simply say to ourselves "I am with this person today and we will enjoy ourselves." Letting every moment spring from that ground of being, and let things unfold. We determine from the way those people talk and act with us over time whether we would feel comfortable with them as a partner, or whether they are simply people we went out with and had fun with for a while. We can have more great times together if we are not always worrying about whether they are "the one for me."

Similarly, we might think that a certain job or type of work might be best suited for us, but when that opportunity does not come to pass, and some other job or type of work does surface that we can enjoy doing and feel good about, then we can decide to be happy doing that instead. There can be real advantages in doing things we had not pictured ourselves doing. Some of us will create our own jobs, and some may find a pleasant surprise in doing something new.

The main thing to be aware of is the power of our words and how they help us make our dreams come true.

No comments: