Saturday, June 30, 2012

Changes Confirmed

Today's event got turned inside out when 80 mph winds blew all the tents down. This is not the first time that I have participated in an outdoor festival that was brought to a halt before the day was half over.

Weird the way it works sometimes. The air is quiet, the sun is out, maybe a little breeze. Then all of a sudden a powerful wind kicks up, knocks everything down, breaking things, tearing things up, then just as fast as it came, it's over.

Problem is when you are in a festival like that, you just have to write off your investment for the day, and if you have a tent or goods that are ruined, the total for the day dips into more of a loss.

A couple years ago, I took almost all outdoor festivals off my schedule, then this year, I thought I would try a few different ones. Still have to try new ideas sometimes.

I enjoy doing festivals because I like meeting new people and sometimes you get a bonus thrown in if there are great musicians playing.

I will continue to participate in festivals, but for the most part, they will be indoor events.

However, I am continuing to focus my attention on developing the private aspect of my practice working with individuals who would like to do more in depth work than we can do at festivals.

It is very satisfying to work with someone who wants to create change in their lives and observe what happens after that is done. It is satisfying to teach someone and then see them put those lessons to work. Or to see the healing take effect.

I continue to affirm the private sessions as the principal focus of my work today and tomorrow and for the times ahead. Life is good.

No comments: