Sunday, February 3, 2013

Making Progress in Healing

For more than a month, my leg has been healing from a fall I took on the ice while out walking. I am thinking of it as a sprain. I twisted my legs as I fell, and the left one seemed to get the worst of it. There never was any bruising or discoloring from the fall, it just hurt a lot. I was limping when I walked, and when I sat down for a while, the knee seemed to lock up so that when I went to stand and walk again, it took a few minutes to adjust.

When I was young, I had a many surgeries on that leg to correct the way the bones were formed when I was born. I remember this. I feel a surge of powerful energy run through me when I affirm that my leg will heal. So much work was done on it to make it right that I am summoning up powerful amounts of energy to heal it so that I have the normal range of motion again.

During this time, I have been treating it with liniment and salve, sometimes massaging it with a vibrator and then getting up and exercising some every day. I am also getting massages about once a week. Walking, swimming and dancing help to keep it flexible and rebuild muscles. Now I can walk without limping. Dancing was the most challenging activity to resume and each week it has gotten a little better. So now it is definitely healing although not back to normal yet, but I can feel the range of motion getting closer to normal every day. It still hurts and will lock up a bit, but not as bad as it was.

One of the most interesting developments is to notice how extra surges of healing energy shoot through my leg when I reaffirm that I will heal, with a very strong sense of will and intent connected to it.

How much of our healing can we effect in this way? The answer to that question is unknown, but it is certainly worth a try.


No comments: