Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, August 17, 2026

Coincidences and Connections



Earlier in my life, I noticed coincidences but did not know what to make of them. Maybe you have too.


One definition of coincidences is when two seemingly unrelated things happen at the same time.


Carl Jung coined the term synchronicity as when an internal psychological state like a dream, thought or feeling aligns with an external physical event that cannot be explained by cause and effect, yet feels deeply significant to the person experiencing it.


The photo above contains three items that fit that description.


The first item is my father's and my uncle's (his only brother) dog tags from World War 2. Dog tags are military ID necklaces that you get when you join.


The second item is a book that was my grandmother's (my father's mother).


The third item is a coffee cup showing a map of Poland at it's peak, when it was the largest country in Europe.


Here is what is so interesting about them.


My sister has been cleaning out mom's house, and she found the dog tags and asked me if I wanted them. So I said yes right away. One psychic way of getting information is called psychometry. That is when you hold an object in your hand and pick up impressions from it. Most often that is done with a piece of jewelry or another thing that a person wore or carried a lot. The method also works on other things. I have done this for others with a variety of objects, such as a sword, a doll, a piece of pottery and other things that are not jewelry. So that is what I had in mind.


When she sent the tags, she also sent the book that was grandma's. That totally surprised me because she has been gone 50 years or so, and I never thought I would see anything from her again because her house was cleaned out way back then. Poland was the country where that part of my family immigrated to the US from, and so recently I have been reading books about Polish and Slavic history, and here is a book about that. You can tell it is an old book because it cost $1.45 when it was new. Been a great many years since books have been priced like that.


Part of my curiosity was tweaked because Poland and Ukraine have been in the news for the last several years, and I have bought tarot decks from artists in Poland and Ukraine. Plus the fact that there are things we pick up when we do spirit guide meditations, and of course, often spirit guides are ancestors. Another aspect is that my mother's side of the family was much bigger and so I have more information about them than I do my father's side. There were only a few of them and all of them have been gone a long time, so I am curious about roots.


By the way, I will bring the Ukranian deck out for readings when I receive it. Presently, shipping to the US is delayed due to tariffs that need to be worked out. Yes, tariffs on a tarot deck I am buying from a Ukranian artist. Poland and Ukraine have a common ancestry and that is why Poland has taken in 2 to 2.5 million refugees from the war with Russia. And yes, Russian people are also Slavic.


The third item is a coffee cup that caught my eye in a thrift store. I shop at thrift stores regularly and I have never seen a coffee cup that said Poland on it before. Since I drink a lot of coffee and tea, I always enjoy coffee mugs with witty sayings or inspirational quotes on them. So the day after I receive the dog tags and book, here is a Poland coffee cup. Once again 3, the number of manifestation.


Coincidence? No. At this time in my life, it is a sign for me that that part of my ancestry has something to say to me.


Have you experienced similar events in your life?


Another way of understanding synchronicity is that spirit is sending us signs that connect things for us. There are reasons why these seemingly elliptical instances help us see bigger pictures about our life. And yes, sometimes it may take us a while to get clear messages.


Sometimes that is what I do for others, and these ancestors may show up during past life sessions, psychometry, or other kinds of readings.


Notice what comes your way when you are focusing on a topic. Notice what seemingly unrelated discoveries pop up when you are in a conscious and subconscious flow. These things happen when there is something on your mind.


I have seen it with clients who are focused on making a transition and something unexpected pops up to assist or confirm, something they did not plan and was unexpected.


Has this been happening to you? What have you experienced? Does this resonate with you?


 

No comments: